1. Does LightLives provide me as an individual or company a tax exemption?
Please note that currently LightLives functions as a social business and is not a registered NGO. Therefore, we do not provide tax exemption certificate and currently, you cannot claim exemption.
2. Will LightLives acquire a tax exemption status in future?
We are working towards this but cannot specify a time frame as to when this will happen.
3. Where are the LightLives sponsored projects currently in operation?
Light Lives sponsored projects are currently in operation in Bengaluru (Karnataka), Hyderabad (Telangana) and other locations in smaller towns in Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
4. What is the duration of the LEAD program?
The LEAD program consists of 24 weekly sessions and typically happens over the course of an academic year.
5. Can I choose or specify where my funds will be deployed?
Unless specified and agreed beforehand with a sponsor, LightLives alone will determine where best to spend funds received. LightLives will use funds received at its discretion to finance students training in skills and values through the LEAD program. However, LightLives will be able to present details of how many students have been benefited through sponsorship and the location of the program. Individual names will not be shared with the sponsor. Individual pictures of students will not be provided. Group pictures of students at the LEAD session will be provided wherever possible.